We’re trying something new with this site, and we hope you like it. Conceived as something of a hub for “all things Newcity,” we hope to make it deeply informative, as well as provocative, as we do our best to sort out the future of media. It’s something of an experiment in transparency, so you’ll notice within the blog section here, a range of freewheeling posts about us and our competitors. Feel free to chime in with comments. Across the top, you’ll find links to the “meat” of the site, arranged by general subject matter. We’ve loaded up quite a bit of information regarding advertising across the full range of print and digital options we offer, but very little so far for those of you connecting to the creative side of Newcity, editorial and art. That will come soon. Also coming soon will be a more extended articulation of our support of the Local First movement, a cause especially dear to our heart and pocketbook, since we’re the last remaining locally owned and operated arts and culture weekly
Here’s a quick overview of some of the brand new things you’ll find on this site:
- An interactive distribution map that allows you to get the big picture, or drill down to your very block. Find a place to pick up the latest issue, or evaluate our coverage of your business’ primary trading area. If we are found wanting in either regard, please let us know.
- The ability to pay for advertising through a secure Web server, using a credit card or Paypal.
- How you can buy Web advertising on our hugely popular category-specific Web sites for as little as $25 per week
- An editorial calendar of special issues, suitable for planning your ad purchases or your story pitches
- A gallery of more than a year’s worth of Newcity covers
- Information pages and downloads
Please give us your feedback on how this site works for you. Is it easy to navigate? Is there something else you’d like to see? Hit me with an email at [email protected]. Thanks.